Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Salty Propostition

     I've lived with Chris now for just about ten years. We will hit that official mark in December. We've been together for a little over twelve. That's a long time...it's a really long time to still have the names Woomer and Messier on our mailbox too.

     We had actually been talking about the idea of getting married possibly in 2013 but, 2012 came and went and there was no proposal or really any money to have the kind of wedding that Chris wanted. (This is also debatable...Fiji or big party...or big party after getting married in Fiji. I won't get married without my kids being there though so, Fiji is out!)

     Now, for every year, for every holiday, Chris tells me that I'm getting a new frag or a piece of equipment for the tank. I always laughs, tell him he's an asshole and usually a few minutes or, sometimes even hours, later Chris will present me with my real gift which was never anything to do with the fish tank. Good thing for him too because I'd ring his neck!

     This year for my birthday I opened my card and it reads, "I hope you love your new frag," so I assumed he was merely being his usual smartass self again. I even call him an asshole...with a smile of course.






     I'm sitting on the couch for a few minutes and he asks if I want to see my frag. Oh, so we are still going with the frag story? Okay, whatever. I roll my eyes as he takes me by my hands and leads me over to the tank. 

     But this time there was a frag...


    
     He had it on a frag plug...my new frag!!! I couldn't believe it, and I felt so bad for not taking the card seriously and for calling him an asshole!!! He took the ring out of the tank and after all these years (and lots of saltwater!!) we are finally engaged! 


You can see Chris' way of announcing our engagement by going to his favorite forum: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2265515


Like this Blog? Become a follower!! Don't forget to post your comments below too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment